Is your team going to win the 2019 Trophy? Click on the bracket below for a better view.
- Each school represents it's own March Madness Team.
- Your team name will be your high school name.
- Ponts are accumulated based on the scoring system found below.
- If your school is already at 100% Voter Registration - that is awesome! You can still earn points for voter engagement efforts, social media, registering other high schools, attending local city council or school board meetings, and contacting your elected officials.
- If your school did a VRD or voter engagement activity prior to March 11, we will still count it towards your point totals. Please advise Olivia Hubbard or Alexas ASAP.
Each school must turn in their weekly totals in the online form found at March Madness Points Form
- It is best to have 1 Inspired Leader or teacher designated to submitting your points each week so there is less confusion. All forms and pledge cards must be mailed to your regional manager/coordinator on Fridays. If you need a prepaid label, let Olivia Hubbard or Alexa know by Friday at 3:00 PM. If you have questions about the March Madness Points Form and how to tally up your points, contact Olivia.
- Updated scores will be announced every Monday on this webpage and on the Inspire WV Instagram --> @inspirewestvirginia <--Follow the Instagram now!
- The Tournament runs from Monday, March 11th - Friday, April 11th. A final tally will be taken Friday, April 12th at 7:30pm. The winner will be announced on Monday, April 15th.
- 1 point per voter registration form
- 1 point per pledge card
X2 points per every matched voter reg form and pledge card
For Example: If Inspire High School registers 10 students and
- 3 of those students were already registered so they ONLY completed a Pledge to Vote card = 3 POINTS
- 2 students registered for the first time and ONLY completed a voter registration form = 2 POINTS
- 5 students were new registrations and completed BOTH the voter registration form and the Pledge Card = 20 POINTS
- 25 POINTS TOTAL
- For Example: If Inspire High School registers 10 students and
- 15 points for scheduling a big VRD for BEFORE the Jennings Randolph Award deadline (March 31st) - must confirm with teacher/administration and Olivia/Alexa that this is a confirmed date
- 25 Bonus points if you register another school to vote (Go to school and actually host a VRD. Cannot just register 1 friend you know from another school randomly. If you need help figuring out how to do this, ask Olivia or Alexa)
- 25 bonus points if you hold a community VRD at a sporting event, community fair, etc. (Has to be an organized, planned event. If you need help figuring out how to do this, ask Olivia or Alexa)
- 45 points if you go to a Vocational/Technical school to register those students to vote (Go to school and actually host a VRD. Cannot just register 1 friend you know from that school randomly. If you need help figuring out how to do this, ask Olivia or Alexa)
- 50 points - Complete and turn in the Jennings Randolph Award application BY MARCH 31ST (for more details on this contact Olivia or Alexa)
- 20 bonus points for nominating a student (younger class-man) to be an Inspired Leader next year. Can be a current sophomore or junior.
- 25 Bonus points if you attend a local voter engagement event. This could be a city council meeting, school board meeting, visit an elected official’s office, etc.
- 25 Bonus points if you host a voter engagement event your school. This could be hosting an elected official at your school to talk to your peers, hosting a civil discourse event in a classroom, etc.
- 15 bonus points for sharing the Inspire WV Inspired Leader application on your social media (IG, twitter or FaceBook).
- 5 bonus points for Twitter post related to Inspire WV, voter engagement or voting. Use #inspire2vote
- 5 bonus points for IG post related to Inspire WV, voter engagement, or voting.
- 5 bonus points for Facebook post related to Inspire WV, voter engagement or voting.
- 10 Bonus points for Inspire related selfie
- Must use #inspire2vote and #iwvmarchmadness on every social media post to earn credit.
- All social media posts must be unique. You cannot simply post the same tweet or picture 5 times and get 25 points for it. They all must be at least slightly different.
- It is not required but it is encouraged for each school to start their own social media page for Inspire. This just makes it easier for us to count up the social media posts.
If you have any questions, please contact Olivia Hubbard via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (304-993-4005).