Inspire U.S. has ceased operations as a 501(c)3 public charity. It is not abandoning the mission of youth voter registration but is restructuring as Inspire2Vote, a program of Project High Hopes, a 501(c)3 operating foundation. Instead of using the peer-to-peer, school-based model of which Inspire U.S. has been so proud, the new approach will be to work with and support other nonprofit charitable organizations in the effort of high school voter registration.
We have full confidence that the spirit of the Inspire U.S. program will live on through its partners, alumni, and educators that we have had the pleasure of working with over the last five years.
Here are some organizations and resources that support voter registration:
- National Voter Registration Day: Sept 24, 2019 - they provide training and materials for voter registration drives when you sign up on their website to host a drive.
- Rock the Vote: Democracy Class Curriculum available for Sept 2019. Online voter registration platform and text reminders.
- iCivics: Provides games and curriculum for civics classes
- Youth Service America: Service-oriented project ideas and support - they have Voter Registration projects!
- DoSomething.org: Online platform of resources and guides to do something good and to take action on issues you care about on the ground, like registering to vote.
- When We All Vote: Michelle Obama’s nonpartisan initiative to ensure every person has a voice in upcoming elections.
- League of Women Voters: a national organization has a training manual for High School Voter Registration here.
Continue to take photos of your voter registration events and tag #inspire2vote.